Friday, March 20, 2009

Rantings by Azrul Sani Ibrahim

Hmmm
.
I'm writing this piece not because of my gumption, but merely because I'm having this cajole to write. Write about what? I still don't have a clue. Why? Because the news reports in the mainstream newspapers are wearing me down. Slowly and excruciatingly painful.
.
Me thinks the report on politics is too, borrowing the words of Simon Cowell - 'over the top'. It's too much that it is nauseating. I think the government should bar mainstream newspapers for reporting news on politics. Or at least the papers should only be allowed one day in a week to sum up political news of the week. And half of the page only!!!
.
MPs and ADUNs should also be barred from giving statements to reporters. What's the point of giving statements when lies are written on all over their faces. If you want to give statement, give the gospel truth. You may lie, but you may not hide or run. The truth will out! This goes to both sides of the divide.
.
If those politic aficionados still want to read news on politics, they could do so by reading blogs. Or the political parties should publish their own news bulletin. That way, I could gain the knowledge and the non-nauseating news that I so deservedly need in return of spending RM1.20 or RM1.50. And the political parties too; could gain some money while short-circuiting the brains of their no-brainer supporters.
.
What I'm trying to say is that, reading sensational news on politics are exciting (and scary for certain cases) only for those who understand politics. They know and understand that these reports are actually a concoction of lies and spins and are designed to misinform (disinform) certain target groups. They too understand that these reports cannot be taken at face value and needed further analysis.
.
Unfortunately, not all people are into politics. Some even don't care. These are the people who skip reports on politics and stop at the first vice news they could found. But they do occasionally read on politics too. And this is when they are in their most gullible form. They would usually accept literally what's been written in the newspaper without realizing that the report is devised to meticulously and mischievously erode their faith and belief in this country that we love so dearly.
.
Yeah my friends, not all journalists are ethical. Some do have their own agendas or they are agents perpetuating agendas by the enemies of this country. And I wonder why the hell does the government let this to go on and on.
.
I'm not saying that I could decipher the hidden code in the news report. Let's just say that I have good reference and experience. Or, you may think that I'm paranoid. But I can't help it. In my previous line of work, we were taught not to believe the media. We know for a fact that the media is the most powerful weapon you could to control the sentiment of the public. We know how the media work. And it is actually scary. How to describe eh/ I tell you what, you go and watch 'Wag the Dog' and you'll understand what I'm trying to say.
.
So in a nutshell. Let us bring the credibility of our newspapers. Let them be people friendly. Let them be the agent of education. Let them be the agent of knowledge. Let them be the agent of unity. Give us back the joy of reading newspapers that we missed so dearly.
.
Ok peeps. Have a good weekend.
.
p/s: I still don't have a clue what I'm writing about. eheheh....thanks for reading folks! Love ya!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

saya benci politic. Esp those yang libatkan 'minah-minah lawa pakai kain pink rambut blonde'

yang anti minah lawa