Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Of Change and Promotion

Assalamualaikum & Goodday

It's been a pretty boring working environment for last couple of weeks. The morale of the staffs seems to be at a very low level. The smiles are still there but i know it's a fake one. I guess its a process. They need some time to adjust to the new environment. True, we have a new boss, and we have to work according to his style. But the truth is, we are just humans. There are certain sentimental values that are still blocking the effort to change.

As for me, I'm not happy too. I was brought in by the previous boss and now the new boss wants to retain me. In a way, i feel if I stay, i'll be like a mercenary - no loyalty. I'm contemplating the possibility to transfer out to another division.

This is not about ideology, it's about doing your job with honesty and integrity. If I cannot perform 100%, what's the point of staying? Betul tak? At the end of the day, i need to feed my family with my salary rite? but if the salary is not 'berkat' as a result of me not being committed, what's the point?

On a more positive note, i heard that our batch is going to be promoted soon (soon is actually an overstatement ok) so if that is true, i might wait for a while la. We were last promoted in late 2006. But offcourse la, there are so many rumours regarding our promotion. Some say we are too young and inexperience and thus, we have to wait for a little while.

Literally, I agree la. We've been serving for only 4 years and 2 months. If we are promoted now, our seniors would be very envy of us la. During their time, it will take at least 15 years to be promoted.

Frankly, eventhough we are young, we are actually capable. Some bosses dont even know what's going on in his units. They actually have to bring us along whenever the big boss calls for a meeting lest they cannot answer. The only thing that my colleagues and i lack is that we have too much respect for the seniors eventhough they are not always right. It's a tradition thingy la. Because of this, we may not be able to carry our jobs effectively if we are promoted.

I think i'll let fate do the job for me la. I cant really think right now. Everything is gloomy and blurry. All i can think while at the office is to go back and play with my boys. And now, i have to endure another five hours before i can go home. and it gonna a slow and boring wait la.

see ya!

3 comments:

Z.Y. said...

"If I cannot perform 100%, what's the point of staying? Betul tak? At the end of the day, i need to feed my family with my salary rite? but if the salary is not 'berkat' as a result of me not being committed, what's the point?"

i was like u once. but now that i've matured in thinking, i think it's normal for ppl to feel that they are not committed to their jobs but do it anyway cos they need the money to feed the family and basically to survive. i oso think that 95% of the world's population feels this way.

just think of it this way lah. the job u have is halal. and that shud be good enuf for u to take care of ur family. abt not being committed tu, tgk la dulu cemana gaya bos baru ni.. don't be emotional abt the change in political weather. if u can go thru it, mungkin ko akan jadi lebih bagus dari skrg. insyaAllah.

that's what i think lah.

Azrul said...

zid > waaa.....ko memang betul2 free ari ni ye zid...3 comments in a row tuuuu....hari ini dalam sejarah...

pasal tuko post tu, aku tgh memikio la nih. actually reason dia is much more complicated la & aku rasa tak perlu aku citerkan. nanti ah.

anyways, since ko ada kat jepun nih, kalo jumpa hiro nakamura kem salam eh :)

Z.Y. said...

hiro nakamura kem salam balik kat ko :D