Tuesday, November 11, 2008

PTK3

Assalamualaikum & Goodday

.
This post is recommended for gomen servants only. Others are also welcomed to read. Tapi takut korang busan la plak kannnn. Tapi sebenarnya tak busan pon :)




.

Just got back from Competency Level Assesment 3 (TK3). For those who are not in the government, TK3 is an assessment we gomen servants have to pass before being promoted. Lebih kurang la. Maleh aku terang panjang-panjang :)
.
Anyways, to my frens who are taking TK3 in December, I have a reminder : BE PREPARED
.
It's hard for me to say whether it's easy or hard. I think it's a combination of both. Ok now, let me give you a sneak preview of what you gonna go thru in December.
.
The first 2 days you'll have to endure a series of ceramahs. The lecturers were all ok except for one guy. We unanimously rated him at 1 or 2 (the scale is from 1 to 7 and 1 being the worst). He was badddd. Who? I guess you'll never know because the secretariats pon were shocked when they saw the assessment. ehhehehe
.
From Day3 to Day6, there will be:
.
  • Pengucapan Awam (10 min)
  • Public Speaking (10 min)
  • Individual Presentation (10 min + 5 min Q&A)
  • Group Presentation (20 min + 5 min Q&A)
.
Day7 is revision day. Yeah riteeeee.....revision la sangatttttt
.
Day8 is the Written Exam from Hellllll. It was quite hard (at least for me). There are 21 questions. But you will have to answer only 5. I managed to answer all 5. But I doubt my answers were perfect. The faci told us to try to answer in at least 4 pages for each question. But it is hard to goreng that much in 3 hours ok. Unless, if you oredi know the answer to all the questions then it's ok. But if you need time to think and structure your answer, you can kiss your 4 page answer goodbye :). The most important thing is to answer all 5.
.
Some more, there are no notes ok. They did give us the ceramah slides, but it didnt help at all. So to you guys yg nak amik in December. Please read one or two books as suggested in JPA punye website tuh. I think it'll help a lot. If you ask me, I'll choose to read on Leadership, Integrity & Communication Skills. Your choice la dude.
.
For the speeches, make sure you prepare something mature ok. There will be 21 topics for you to choose. Choose wisely. If you want the list of the topics. Email me personally. ehehhehe...nothing's free my fren. The same goes to the individual & group presentation. Use management tools ok ie SWOT, McKinsey 7s etc etc. Kalo tak nanti kena sound dengan panel. The typical comments:
Actually You all ni ada potensi. Tapi masih raw
lagi. Kurang mature. You all dah M48 tau. So please act like
one. Jangan pakai mentaliti M41/44 lagi masa present.
.

You all ni presentation ada isi. Tapi analisis
kurang la. You all tak baca buku niiii....
.
In a way, aku agree jugak dengan panel. We are still immature as far as experience is concerned. And after TK3 ni, I realized that M48 ni bukan main2 beb. Our decision will affect the country tau. So kalo kena tiaw dengan panel tu terima je la. We may feel that they are envy of us, but I could sense they actually care for us, the service and the country....ehehehhe....sket poyo disituuu
.
So anyways, goodluck untuk korang. Aku ni yang sibuk bagi tips ni pon tak tentu lepas ke tak lagi. So tolong la doa2kan ye.



No comments: