Tuesday, September 23, 2008

A Weekend in KL

Assalamualaikum & Goodday
.
I think the title is self explanatory. So I'd like to skip the intro la :)
.
Arrived in KL around 11 am. Left Alif & Akif at my parents' in Pandan Jaya with bibik. By 11.30 my wife and I were already in the STAR-LRT. First (and only) destination Jalan T.A.R.
.
Mannn...I so hate Jalan TAR. Jalan TAR is my toughest ujian not only this year's Ramadhan, but every year!!! Jalan TAR is my Everest :P Why la women have to go to Jalan TAR? Would Hari Raya be meaningless if they skip Jalan TAR?? Can somebody please answer that for me?
.
Anyways, back to our Jalan TAR quest. Ekcelikan, I wanted her to go there with her frens. I'd be happy to supply the money, but nooooo.....it would be different without me, she said. Sheeshh.....it's a long shot anyway. I knew I had to come back to Jalan TAR since last year oredi, right after we got back from JALAN TAR!!!! - 'Next year kita pegi lagi ye Abah...'
.
The stalls seemed endless. The crowd seemed to be getting bigger by the seconds. Amidst all these, I nearly fell asleep a couple of time. Ngantuk gila ah. The heat I can stand, the hunger I can stand, the thirst oso I can stand, but the boredom was unbearable.
.
The Jalan TAR tour ended around 1.45 pm. We then proceed to SOGO. I hate SOGO too (only during festive season though) They have this massive SALE and it attracts people from all over the country. Believe me, it's true!!!! But at least, the place is air conditioned. So I was not as grumpy as I was when we were at Jalan TAR.
.
Anyways, I bought 1 Adidas T-Shirt and BUM Jeans for Alif, and 1 MIKI T-Shirt for Akif. Ok la tu kan. They have more than enough Baju Raya oredi. We bought the first batch of Baju Raya in June. This time around, just tambah2 aje. We went straight home right after paying for the clothes.
.
At home managed to sleep for 30 minutes. Woke up to get ready for the most awaited event of the month - the annual berbuka puasa with friends. FYI, we went separate ways, my wife went to berbuka with her friends and me with mine.
.
This year, we had it at Sakura Kristal. Just like last year. Overall ok la. RM39.60 per pax. The only thing that I want to complain is that they didn't prepare enough drinks. After the second or third batch, they stopped refilling the drinks, and it was only 8.30!! They buffet was supposed to be open until 10 pm ok.
.
Here are some pics, courtesy of Wakrin's FB :)
.
No hanky panky ah!!!
Self potrait by Wakrin
Happy family : Esah, Iman Aqmar, Azizi Aqmar and Luqman Aqmar.
The Aqmars with Boy & Umaira Qistina. Anak Boy nih pandai senyum la kan

Sarjan Nizar, Wakrin, Me & Imran
Imran nampak ada awek lalu, so he did his wolfy antics
dah abih makan dah
Achik, Boy, Nik & Kazarul
Syima, Nizar, Me & Imran
.
So all in all, our trip to KL was a success. Everybody got what they wanted. Oh ye, the next day we went to KLCC, but nothing interesting happened. Just bought this book:
.
.
Ok la korang. If this is my last posting, I wish you guys Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri and drive safely ya. Oh ye...sorry for the sloppy entry, I'm kinda lazy lately. Bulan puasa la katakan...

2 comments:

Nomee said...

I hate Jalan TAR too. Dah tak pergi sejak bertahun. Nasib baik kat sini ada PKNS Shah Alam. Hehehe... Selamat Hari raya to you too. Maaf Zahir batin.

zyrin said...

I had to go to Medan Mara on Saturday. Pastu kena pi Jalan TAR sat.

Aaaaa... mengingatkan daku kenapa aku tak suka shopping Raya kat situuuuu...

Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri, Maaf Zahir & Batin.

Raya, raya jugak... ingat2lah PTK3 tu... ;)