Monday, August 25, 2008

Merdeka?

Assalamualaikum & Goodday .
.
I recently read Tun Dr. M's blog. He wrote about Merdeka. He said this year's Merdeka is not like any other Merdeka celebrations we had in yesteryears.
. I couldn't agree more. This year it seems, how do you describe it eh...sorrowful perhaps? I don't know. But I do know that the number of people who have the Jalur Gemilang on their vehicles are definitely decreasing. Why eh?
.

I'm also not in the mood of celebrating Merdeka. Is it because of the coming Ramadhan? Nahh...couldn't be. I think we are not comfortable. Not comfortable to live in the current political delirium that we have right now. We are fed-up.
.
We are fed-up that people are using the law to appease their own agendas. We are fed-up that religion too is being sucked into the dirty whirlpool of politics. We are fed-up that people would actually barter their honor and dignity just to perpetuate their political hunger. We are fed-up that there are among us who don't give a damn for the unity and harmony of the country.
.
All these for what?....I don't know la. Can somebody please answer me....
.
Forget about that. Let's talk about the Olympics. The gold medal seems to be too elusive for Malaysia isn't it. I so want to see my fellow countrymen to step on the very top of the podium. I long to see the Jalur Gemilang be raised slowly while Negaraku is being played in the background. If that moment comes, I'll stand up in my living room and sing along the Negaraku, and I'm sure that I will cry. And I'm not going to be ashamed of it. In fact, I'd tell everyone that I cried. Mannn...I love my country.
.
So people, let the politicians fight, let them bleed. Let us not be affected with their dirty games.
.
Why? Because we are Malaysians, and Malaysia is much much much more important than some heartless politicians. We, the rest of the Malaysians, should not let our beloved country celebrate her birthday alone. Let us celebrate our Independence Day with her. C'monn...let's raise the flag.
.
MERDEKA! MERDEKA! MERDEKA!
.

1 comment:

Abang Awan said...

First ... flag subsidi kurang;
Second ... flag price mahal sket;
Third ... sibuk nak puasa, lupa plak bulan ni merdeka; but....
Utmost reason ... they just don't bother what MERDEKA is....

Happy MERDEKA to all my Malaysian Friends.... love youself, love your country coz it's where you are about!